Friday, August 4, 2017

Royals #5



Written by Al Ewing
Penciled by Thony Silas
Cover by Kris Anka
Published July 19, 2017
 
   5000 years from now, an ancient Maximus walks into the realm of the last accuser and tells him they're coming back. But now, Kate Bishop, Captain Marvel, and others shame Marvel Boy before he realizes he has the power to leave this cell. He does so and finds Maximus already escaped. Meanwhile, Crystal takes on Ronan, who accuses the Inhumans of abandoning the Kree.. a charge she disputes. 
It looks like you kinda did, Crystal.

   Inside the accused cells, the Inhumans fight visions until Medusa punches out the fake Blackbolt and escapes. She reunites with Noh-Varr and Maximus. Crystal keeps arguing with Ronan. HE brought back the Supremor Seed back to life. Now Marvel Boy carries the remains of the Plex Seed. He puts it in the Supremor's remains and brings the new Kree Intelligence comes back online.
If it fits, it ships!

   Crystal battles Ronan, who nearly kills himself before she prevents him. As he laments his future amongst the dead of Hala, the new Plex Intelligence comes online and orders him to forgive himself. The others aren't as willing to let it go. Either way, Marvel Boy begins to tell them the biggest secret of their history.
   The issue ends with the recording of him telling it 5000 years in the future. Terrigen, Antigen... everything that created the Inhumans and their predecessors were attempts to recreate Primigen - the substance that started the Kree. An ancient Marvel Boy tells an ancient Maximus to stop playback and ask if his warning systems are positive. Maximus says that yes. The original creators - the Progenitors are coming back. With that, we're left to be continued.
Are you sure about this, Maximus? I mean, you've been so trustworthy in the past.

   When I was a kid, this is the kind of comic book I hated. If there was a mention of a Kree, Skrull, Starjammer, Galactus, Silver Surfer - really any cosmic storyline - I'd shut down. Now that I'm a little older I can understand this. Even though I have to read it 4 times and find various review sites to explain it, I kind of get it. Al Ewing is taking the Inhumans back to the old school and it couldn't be any cooler. I'd rate it even higher but since it's still a little over my head...I give this one a 8/10.


If you like this review, check out my video of it HERE.

You can also buy my physical copy of this book HERE.

Like comics? Check out my ebay wares HERE

Follow me at facebooktwitter, or instagram as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment