Monday, October 8, 2018

Punisher #1

WORLD WAR FANK pt I


Written by Matthew Rosenberg
Penciled by Szymon Kudranski
Cover by Greg Smallwood
Published August 22, 2018

   When you read as many comic books as I do, sometimes it’s hard to keep up. I’ll try to break it down as well as I can. Baron Zemo meets with the American consulate in Switzerland. Then there’s some explosions in a harbor on a boat and the Punisher kills some people.

Well, there was some death.

   Eventually Zemo meets up with the Mandarin who is torturing some people to death. Frank keeps fighting to get to Zemo and kills a bunch of other people. He jumps on a helicopter and this bomb goes off.

Even some birds got killed in this one.

   In New York, Mandarin meets with Tony Stark and a sniper shoots him but he’s able to use his powers to almost stop the bullet. Unfortunately he can’t pull it off. Tony is mad somebody killed Mandarin - I guess - and tells his people to lock the building down. Then Frank walks off and we see what I assume is Black Widow in a bathtub. What happens next? I’m not sure I know what happened in this one, but either way - we’re let to be continued.

a bathtub?

  So this is a #1 issue so obviously Rosenberg has to show off for the brass. Typically I’d be all for that, but I just didn’t have the issue to keep up with twist after twist. The issue was pretty good  - Really good if one of the only books you read is this one. But if you have a lot going on, I don’t know. This one will make your brain hurt. I give it a 7/10.


If you like this review, check out my video of it HERE.

You can also buy my physical copy of this book HERE.

Like comics? Check out my ebay wares HERE

Follow me at facebooktwitter, or instagram as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment