Friday, September 4, 2020

Action Comics #1001-1006: The Invisible Mafia

THE INVISIBLE MAFIA




Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Penciled by Patrick Gleason
Published Jul 2018-Jan 2019


   So like I just kind of reiterated, DC Universe struck - and I listened. I always said that I'd make it back to this publisher, because again like I already mentioned they're the best selling books for a reason. I've never been short of praise for Brian Michael Bendis, whom I honestly believe got me back into comics firmly when I thumbed through a few issues of X-Men he wrote ages ago. Him defecting to DC meant that it was only a matter of time before I'd be back.
   In this series, Superman is reeling with the fact Lois and Jon have been off world being trained by Kal-El and what's left of Krytpon. But Clark's wife is back and is secretly running around undercover. Also, there's a scary red cloud that's flying around and killing mobsters coupled with a new suspicious reporter named Robinson Goode... COULD THERE BE A CONNECTION?!?! HMMM...
   Just more amazing stories from the master BMB. I've missed his writing, and I'm stoked I get a chance to flip through his awesome pages again. I give this one a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment