Thursday, November 1, 2018

Immortal Hulk #5

IN EVERY MIRROR


Written by Al Ewing
Penciled by Joe Bennett
Cover by Alex Ross
Published Sept 5, 2018

   Bruce Banner walks into the hospital to confront Sasquatch, but before he can get any answers, the monster slashes his throat. In response, he hulks out and the two of them trade blows. Before long though, Hulk hears a familiar voice.

It's a family affair!

   Inside Walter Langowski's radiated form, Bruce's father speaks from beyond. As the two of them throw each other through the walls, the hospital tries to hurriedly evacuate as Sasquatch puts the Hulk on the ropes.

Brutal.

   Eventually, Banner rages back - and pulls the beast towards him. As he makes it known that he eats gamma, the monster literally pulls Langowski's power out of him and absorbs it.

"HULK SPONGE!"

   The issue wraps with McGee asking Hulk how she can be a Hulk too... I think? I don't know. Either way, Banner walks away while the now powerless Walter Langowski ponders a life without his alter-ego. What's gonna happen next? We'll have to wait to find out as this story arc is concluded.

Did you miss me, sonny?

   One of the things I sincerely love about this new Hulk book is the fact it's always a nice and neat, concise story. Al Ewing makes sure to connect to a bigger picture, but giving us a simple story with this crisp Joe Bennett artwork doesn't give me a whole lot to complain about. Classic Hulk in a classic style, I give this one a 9/10.


If you like this review, check out my video of it HERE.

You can also buy my physical copy of this book HERE

Like comics? Check out my ebay wares HERE


Follow me at facebooktwitter, or instagram as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment