Friday, February 10, 2023

X-Men (2021) #1-6: Fearless

 X-Men (2021) #1-6: Fearless

   I'll tell you what - if there's one thing I know in comics, it's that Gerry Duggan won't steer you wrong. I remember in his long run on Deadpool a few years back, just not liking where he was going. But in a very rare turn of events, he brought me back around and has solidly kept me in the Duggan-fan-camp ever since.
   So what do we have here? It's X-Men #1, volume 1467. It's tough to keep up with them but you can take one thing to heart. This is still the Jonathan Hickman-era X-Men, rife with as much Krakoa as you can get your hands on. If you liked what he was doing a few years ago, with the nuevo Professor X and good-Magneto, you're in luck. 
   This time, it's classic members Cyclops, Jean Gray, Sunfire, and Rogue - plus Polaris, newcomer Synch and the overplayed Laura Kinney version of Wolverine. Nobody is reinventing the wheel but these stories are pretty rad. In the first 6 books, they fight the Reavers, the High Evolutionary, some spooky Halloween inspired baddies and even Ben Urich from the Daily Bugle. And honestly, I think that's the best part.

Love what they're doing and where they're going. Yeah, it's another volume of X-Men but with writing and art like this, I'll take it all day.


For my last X-Men review, click HERE for more mutant superheroics!


No comments:

Post a Comment